Do I need a music background to teach the program?
No music background is required to teach the program. Parents and teachers can also learn while they guide their child or students through the program.
Do I need a piano?
All you need is a keyboard of any size.
What do I need to get started?
To get started you will need a keyboard, CD player and crayons. If you do not have musical instruments at home, you can make all the instruments mentioned in the book with your child out of everyday items that you can find around the house. See the Parent/Teacher Notes in the back of the book for instructions on making musical instruments.
What does “Open and Go” curriculum mean?
The method is simple. It is a step by step. It is written as “open and go,” meaning the teacher, parent or grandparent can open to a lesson or activity page and read the page to the student/child and learn along side them. Very few Parent/Teacher Notes are needed. Everything you need to teach is on the lesson or activity page.
Do I need to complete a lesson in one sitting?
Pianomouse’s Musical Circus is a 40 week program. The lessons can be completed in one or multiple sessions. For the younger learner, multiple and shorter sessions are recommended. It is preferred that the entire lesson be completed within a week.
What will my child have learned after completing the program?
Your child will have learned the following musical concepts:
• Piano: Review: A,B,C,D,E,F,G on the keyboard; Treble clef and bass clef Middle C; Step up, step down; A,B,C,D,E,F,G notes on the grand staff; Good hand position
• Theory: Quarter note, half note, dotted half note, whole note, quarter, half and whole rest; Time signature: 3/4 4/4; Repeat sign, step up, step down; Grand staff: treble clef, bass clef, brace, bar line, double bar line.
• Music Terms: Opera, ballet, overture, waltz, toccata, forte, piano,
• Ear Training: Identification: piano, drum, trumpet, timpani, flute, cello, violin, organ; Pitch- high and low; Step up, step down; Composer’s music identification
• Instruments and their Families: Percussion Family: piano, drum, timpani; String Family: violin, cello; Brass Family: trumpet; Woodwind Family: flute.
• Composers: Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi, Rossini, Tchaikovsky
• Composers Music: Beethoven’s Für Elise and Symphony No. 9; Mozart’s Eine kleine Nachtmusik: Allegro and Romanza; Bach’s Minuet in G Minor and Toccata in D Minor; Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons, Spring and Autumn; Rossini’s William Tell Overture; Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker, “Waltz of the Flowers”
Is my child right for Pianomouse’s Musical Circus?
If your child has a desire to learn and have fun, yes the program could be right for your child. However, the parent always knows whether the child is ready to focus on a task and able to follow simple directions. You can also use the program as much or as little as you like. Of course, we recommend to get the full benefit of the program, not skip any of the lessons or activities. It is a comprehensive learning system, but if your child especially loves the singing or rhythm and marching, then spend a lot of time having fun with your child. You may want to introduce in small intervals other concepts which might be more challenging or foreign to your child. The program is written with complete flexibility and can tailor the program for your child’s specific needs and their development. Paramount to the Pianomouse team, we want your child’s first experience with music to be positive and fun.
What is Pianomouse Productions?
Pianomouse Productions started in 2000 to introduce children to music in a fun and entertaining way. Pianomouse and his friends were created to teach young children piano, theory, music history, instruments, ear training, rhythm and so much more. When children are excited about learning and having fun at the same time, they in turn will be inspired to continue learning throughout their entire life. This is our goal, to Entertain, Educate, and Inspire ™ all children. Pianomouse Productions believes that “all children” means from every walk of life, every community, unmistakeable talent and hidden talent. Every child deserves the opportunity to be exposed to music in a fun, but very meaningful way. We believe that Pianomouse Productions is an important aspect of a child’s life, a life that is healthy, happy and productive.
How do I contact Pianomouse Productions?
Contact Information for The Pianomouse Team:
3104 "O" Street #190
Sacramento, CA 95816